It’s the second week in a row I make a cookie recipe from a Disney theme park. I might make something next week that isn’t Disney-related.
Today’s recipe is the Molasses Crackle Cookies, and they turned out pretty amazing, to my surprise. The only thing is that when you’re combining all the ingredients, the dough starts to smell a little, so be prepared for the lovely stench of molasses.
- 1 cup canola oil
- 2 cups granulated sugar; divided
- 1/3 cup molasses
- 1 egg
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking soda
- 1 tablespoon ground ginger
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground clove
- Cream canola oil and 1 3/4 cups sugar in the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment.
- Add in molasses and egg and beat on low speed until combined.
- Whisk flour, baking soda, ginger, cinnamon and clove in medium bowl. Slowly add to molasses mixture and beat on low speed until flour is incorporated.
- Cover bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 3o minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350˚F. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Place remaining 1/4 cup sugar in a small bowl.
- Use a 2 tablespoon scoop to measure cookies. Form into balls and roll into sugar.
- Place on baking sheets at least 2 inches apart. Bake 10 to 12 minutes, until golden brown.