Since I’ve got a job that involves me being in an office outside of my living area, I’ve had to get creative with vegetables for lunch. One of my favorites is cauliflower, since it reheats very well. Also, for those of you who are following a ketogenic lifestyle, this is very keto-friendly for your diet.
This recipe is very easy to do, although I do recommend cooking this with a large sauté pan. A large frying pan might make more of a mess, and make it more difficult to cook everything.
Keep a close eye on the cauliflower so you don’t burn it. My mom cooks cauliflower this way, and I’m happy that I’ve managed to find a way to make it for my lunches.
- 1 head cauliflower, cut into small florets
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 4 cloves minced fresh garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/4 cup grated fresh Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- Melt the butter with the olive oil in a large 10 or 12-inch skillet over medium-high heat.
- Once the pan is hot add in the cauliflower, season with salt, toss and spread into an even layer and cook for 3 to 4 minutes undisturbed. Stir and repeat until the cauliflower is fork tender.
- Reduce the temperature to medium-low, add in the garlic and cook for 1 to 2 minutes. Next, add in the pepper flakes and Parmesan cheese.
- Toss until the cheese has melted and serve with seasoned with black pepper, chopped parsley and more Parmesan if desired.