Original Recipe: https://www.simplyrecipes.com/recipes/zucchini_muffins/
I normally don’t bake in the middle of the week, but I didn’t want the zucchini to go bad, so I decided to make some zucchini muffins on a Tuesday.
First, we need to use our cheese grater to grate all the zucchini that we have on hand.
I had to use 6 small zucchini to make the 3 cups necessary for this recipe. I recommend doing this first because how much grated zucchini will have will determine how many muffins you make (if you want to maintain the right ingredient ratio).
After grating the zucchini, you need to remove all the water by putting itin a towel that you don’t care about, and squeeze all the water out of it. Then you can measure how much you still need. Luckily, I got the 3 cups necessary.
Next, you need to add a couple of eggs into the bowl of your stand mixer.
Then you need to measure your sugar. Luckily this recipe gives you the weight in grams of how much sugar you need.
Add the sugar to the stand mixer and then add your 2 teaspoons of vanilla.
While this mixing is taking place, prepare your 1.5 sticks of butter. The butter doesn’t have to be at room temperature since you’re going to melt it in the microwave anyways.
Melt that in the microwave for about 30 seconds. Add your shredded zucchini to the stand mixer, followed by the melted butter.
Mix on low for about 2 minutes.
At this point, you will want to preheat your oven to 350F.
While the stand mixer is…well, mixing, prepare your dry ingredients in a separate bowl. Start off with your 400 grams of flour.
After the flour is weighed, add your baking soda, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, ground ginger, and nutmeg.
Whisk it together.
Once the dry ingredients are thoroughly mixed, pour it onto a sheet of parchment paper. Also, attach the feeder cover for your stand mixer so the dry ingredients don’t go all over the place.
As the stand mixer is on low, slowly add the dry ingredients to the mix.
While the ingredients are mixing in the stand mixer, prepare your muffin pan, and add some cupcake liners for good measure.
Fill all the cupcake liners with the zucchini dough.
Once the oven is ready, place these in the middle rack for 30 minutes. After the time has passed, check with a toothpick to make sure it’s clean.
Let them cool off for about 10 minutes before taking pictures for your blog or social media.
Overall, this is a pretty simple recipe that you can make on impulse, as long as you have all the ingredients. You don’t really need to prep any ingredients ahead of time for this, so it works well if you’re in the mood for a different type of muffin. Plus, it’s very tasty, and they taste good with a bit of butter after being reheated.
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/3 cup (270g) sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 cups packed grated zucchini
- 3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks) unsalted butter, melted
- 2 3/4 cups (400g) all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- Prepare your shredded zucchini with your cheese grater. After grating the zucchini, squeeze the water out of it with a towel you don’t care about. Place it in a small bowl and move to the side.
- Break open two eggs and place them in the stand mixer. Mix up the eggs.
- Add sugar and vanilla and mix on low for one minute.
- Melt your 1.5 sticks of butter and pour into the sand mixer.
- Add the grated zucchini and mix on low for about 2 minutes.
- Preheat the oven for 350F.
- In a medium bowl, whisk the dry ingredients together. (flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, ground ginger, and nutmeg).
- Place the dry ingredients onto a sheet of parchment paper, and slowly feed into stand mixer while it is on low.
- While mixing, prepare a muffin tin and place your cupcake liners in it for easy cleanup afterwards.
- When all the ingredients are mixed thoroughly, slowly fill the muffin tins with the mix.
- Place in the middle rack of the oven for 30 minutes. Ensure it is baked completely with a toothpick.
- Let sit for 10 minutes before eating.