I opted to try something different for this recipe, so I made these! They’re very easy to make and require very little effort and prep time.
I apologize in advance, I had to use my DSLR camera for these pictures instead of my phone, so the pictures might look a bit off.
The first think you’ll need to do is freeze 1/2 cup of semi-sweet morsels and 4 peanut butter cups.
Set those two ingredients in the freezer and get the other ingredients ready. You’ll need the following:
- creamy peanut butter
- granulated sugar
- light corn syrup
- crisped rice cereal
- emotionally broken pretzels
In a saucepan, combine the peanut butter, granulated sugar, light corn syrup, and salt.
You’ll need a bit of time to stir this up. This felt like it took about 15 minutes, but I didn’t properly time it.
After the mixture is easy to stir, remove it from heat, and add the crisped rice cereal and the emotionally broken pretzels.
Somehow, you have to mix all this up, which was a lot more difficult than I thought it would be. You’d need something much larger to make this recipe.
While this is setting, pull the peanut butter cups out of the freezer and chop them up.
Once all chopped up, add it to the pot along with the semi-sweet chocolate chips.
Mix all this stuff up again, but I’d recommend something that isn’t plastic for the mixing.
Next, we’re going to line some cookie sheets with wax paper. Instead of making small bites, we’re going to make large bites, using our trusty 1.5tbsp cookie scoop.
Using your cookie scoop, scoop large balls and put them on your cookie sheets.
Overall, this is a pretty fun recipe that can be made on impulse with little prep time required. The only things you might need to get are the peanut butter cups, pretzels for breaking, and the light corn syrup, along with the crisped rice cereal.
If I was to do anything differently, I’d use a larger pot so it was easier to mix everything up. Also, I’d definitely use the 1tbsp cookie scoop next time, as these were way too big to be considered a “bite”.
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 4 peanut butter cups (3/4 ounce each), chopped
- 1-1/3 cups creamy peanut butter
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 4 cups crisped rice cereal
- 1 cup broken pretzels
- Place your bowl of semi-sweet morsels in the freezer, along with the peanut butter cups. Leave them in there for a minimum of 15 minutes.
- Prepare a saucepan with the peanut butter, sugar, light corn syrup, and salt. Cook everything on low heat until everything is combined. This might take some time.
- After everything is combined, remove the pot from heat.
- Cut up the peanut butter cups and add to the pot with the semi-sweet morsels. Combine everything together.
- Line two cookie sheets with wax paper.
- Using your scoop, place the balls on the cookie sheets, and let them sit for about 30 minutes.