Today’s cookies are something tasty. They’re made with brownie mix, peanut butter, and topped with chocolate frosting.
This is probably one of the easier recipes to make, since the ingredients list is very small, and it doesn’t require a lot of effort.
If done right, the dough will be sticky enough that you can roll into balls with your hands, and be able to make the indent with your thumb to put in the ball of peanut butter.
The first step is to combine all the ingredients together and mix them in your stand mixer or with a hand mixer.
Once everything is combined, it should look like this:
Once that’s done, you roll the dough into neat little balls. If mixed well, the dough will form into little balls easily. The recipe says that this will make 24 cookies, and it’s not wrong.
Using your thumb, make an indent in the middle of the cookie for the peanut butter balls.
Next up, mix the peanut butter and powdered sugar. This will easily form into balls to place in the cookies. At this time is when it would be best to preheat the oven to 350°F.
Once the oven is at 350°F, place one cookie sheet at a time for 10-12 minutes. I did 12 minutes to be on the safe side.
Once they’re cooled on the cookie sheet, move them to your cooling rack for more…cooling.
When the cookies have cooled enough, top them with some chocolate frosting!
The final result:
- 1 box (18-19 oz) Brownie mix
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 cup cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup peanut butter
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 3/4 cup chocolate frosting
- Preheat oven to 350°
- Line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, combine brownie mix, butter, cream cheese and egg. Stir until dough comes together, it will be very thick and sticky. I used my hands.
- Form rounded tablespoons sized portions of dough into balls, placing on baking sheet about 2 inches apart, making an indentation with your thumb in the center of each.
- In another bowl stir together peanut butter and powdered sugar. Form peanut butter into teaspoon sized balls and press into the indentations in the brownie cookies.
- Press peanut butter down slightly because the peanut butter won’t spread and you don’t want the cookies to be too tall.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes until edges are set.
- Transfer to wire rack to cool.
- When cooled top each cookie with about a tablespoon of chocolate frosting.